Can we get a warning?

need a feature, suggest here

Can we get a warning?

Postby fho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 pm

i just managed to lose my "perfect" settings by loading a preset for the umpteenth time just now ... kind of annoyed although it's completely my fault ... it always is :D

Maybe we could get a simple "you have unsaved changes, do you really want to load the preset - yes, no" popup? That would stop me from loading presets over my unsaved changes by accident.

A related thing would be to implement a undo/redo system ... but I know that that involves a lot of rework to make it work.

Happy new year,
Florian
fho

Re: Can we get a warning?

Postby brummer10 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:57 am

fho wrote:Maybe we could get a simple "you have unsaved changes, do you really want to load the preset - yes, no" popup?

Sorry man, that is one thing I really, really hate.
Imagine you use guitarix live and switch a preset and a question pop up, "Are you sure?", . . :roll:

Also, when you use a midi controller within a preset, changed values be expected.

Your best bet to not lose settings, is, when play with them, stay in the "Scratchpad" bank, as it will autosave your settings when you switch a preset, hence the name "Scratchpad". When a preset is finish, move it to a other bank.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion Box