Some Suggestions

need a feature, suggest here

Some Suggestions

Postby funkystickman » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 pm

First off: I love this program. I recommend it to everyone I know. Using third-party IR's is a game changer.

I've been playing with Guitarix for a while, and I think there's a couple of things that might be useful for live use... and if I think it might be handy, I'm sure someone else might find these suggestions useful, too.

1. Global tap tempo.
Having MIDI clock sync is fantastic (even though I couldn't get it to work with my hardware clock). In some older versions of Guitarix, there were "tap tempo" buttons on the delays (can't remember if it was a Calf/C* delay, or native Guitarix). It would be fantastic to be able to have a global tap tempo (triggered by CC command, or clock) with a flashing indicator on the Live Display screen.

I know that's kind of pie-in-the-sky, but man, watching units like the Helix and so forth that have blinking tap indicators, that would be extremely useful. Even just a flashing BPM indicator would be nice.

2. I use an ART FX-15 MIDI pedal, and I imagine quite a few people use the FCB1010 controller. These have 2 expression pedals, and 10 PC/CC buttons. But the Guitarix Live Display only shows 8 CC parameters, so if I map everything, I can't see if the last 4 are on or not.

I'd recommend making the Live Display have two sweeping indicators for expression pedals, and 10 on/off indicator lights. I'm sure there are people who'd use it differently, but it makes sense that the majority of people with MIDI controllers are going to use the common 2 exp/10 button layout. Maybe make them choosable?

Other than that, you guys are killing it. Especially with the new Calf Vintage Delay... this setup is amazing. Keep up the good work!
funkystickman

Re: Some Suggestions

Postby brummer10 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:04 am

Hi funkystickman

Thanks for your kind words. Great to hear our work is useful. :)

funkystickman wrote:1. Global tap tempo.
Having MIDI clock sync is fantastic (even though I couldn't get it to work with my hardware clock). In some older versions of Guitarix, there were "tap tempo" buttons on the delays (can't remember if it was a Calf/C* delay, or native Guitarix). It would be fantastic to be able to have a global tap tempo (triggered by CC command, or clock) with a flashing indicator on the Live Display screen.

I'll think about that, this needs some work to be done, but I'll put it on my to-do-list.

funkystickman wrote:2. I use an ART FX-15 MIDI pedal, and I imagine quite a few people use the FCB1010 controller. These have 2 expression pedals, and 10 PC/CC buttons. But the Guitarix Live Display only shows 8 CC parameters, so if I map everything, I can't see if the last 4 are on or not.

This is already done, check out the latest release (0.36.1) were we've 12 Midi CC indicators on the live screen.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Re: Some Suggestions

Postby funkystickman » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Fantastic!! I'll check it out as soon as I get a chance!

Thanks for everything!
funkystickman

Return to Suggestion Box