Input and output meters

need a feature, suggest here

Input and output meters

Postby fho » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:21 am

I really wonder why there are no input and output meters on one of the default strips (input and preamp). There's the oscilloscope thingy, but having some simple input and output meters would be great when using Guitarix standalone to prevent clipping.
fho

Re: Input and output meters

Postby brummer10 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:22 am

The Level meter on the main amp is the overall output to jack. So you could see if your signal clip on the way out.
On the input side, when your signal has pass the AD converter, it could go to any range a float could represent without that it will clip. Inside guitarix or jack there is no limitation to -1 - +1.
Just when the signal pass the AD DA converters in the soundcard, it must be in the range of -1 -+1.

But to be honest, adding a extra meter plug will be easy anyway, and I'll do it.
Thanks for your suggestion.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby brummer10 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 am

I forgot to mention, under the "Misc" tap you'll find a mono and a stereo recorder, both coming with simple meters and a clipping indicator. You could use them as well as in/output meters. The meters works even when you ain't press record.
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby fho » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:03 pm

(I should enable email notifications on this forum :-) )

I don't have meters on my interface. That is, it's a mixer with FW and there is a meter, but I have to enable the channel and put it in PFL mode. So normally I use the software meters while recording.

So input meters are much appreciated :-)
fho

Postby brummer10 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:02 am

fho wrote:(I should enable email notifications on this forum :-) )

There isn't any mail support on sourceforge any more for forums. So this forum will never send a email.
brummer10
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion Box