Add a looper

need a feature, suggest here

Re: Add a looper

Postby rcspam » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Really Cool Hermann ! Thanks to accept to do this.
Regards
rcspam
rcspam

Postby rcspam » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:23 am

Hi herman,
Thanks to have code my request.

Why limited loop to 1.5 mn, what is the reason.
This is just a thought:
"My fiend send me a demo without guitar part.... I open guitarix, load the file, and try my guitar part..."
But perhaps it better to do that in an other plugins !!
I'm a dreamer ;)
rcspam

Postby brummer10 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:02 pm

rcspam wrote:Why limited loop to 1.5 mn, what is the reason.
This is just a thought:

The limit is due to memory allocation which is done during plugin initialization.

rcspam wrote:This is just a thought:
"My fiend send me a demo without guitar part.... I open guitarix, load the file, and try my guitar part..."
But perhaps it better to do that in an other plugins !!

Well, that's out of scope for this plugin. Indeed, a simple file player will suite that much better.
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby rcspam » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:16 pm

Ok, and thanks again.
Regards
rcspam

Postby brummer10 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi

I've reworked the mem allocation and now, the file size for the dubber is unlimited (limited only by the available mem).
So, get the demo from your friend now, load it, and play along with it. :)

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby rcspam » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:33 pm

Hi Hermann,
It's really cool but i am terribly sorry to say you that I'm angry with him, in fact i hate his music (I never told him), so could you downgrade your improvement please ?
Really sorry... No, I'm kidding... Really big thanks.

Regards
rcspam
rcspam

Postby rcspam » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi,
I don't if it is wanted or if it is a bug, when i deconnect the in_0 of gx_head from system capture, the playing loop stop. So is it possible to make dubber plugins insensible to the input connection.
Regards
rcspam
rcspam

Postby rcspam » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:42 pm

I forget, 2 button to go to end and start could be help to set correctly a loop for some of us which have none midi pedal.
I know it's asking a lot, but perhaps the possibility to seek from the time line could be cool...
Thanks
rcspam
rcspam

Postby RockOn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:45 am

Hello,
first of all let me thank the Guitarix team for this great software, it rocks.

I would ask you again about the possibility to disconnect the looper volume from the input signal: in some situations it would be nice to have the loop going on with the recorded volume (better if modulated by a dedicated knob) when the guitarist is not playing for some seconds.
I am wondering if it is feasible to add a simple button to switch between mixed/fixed loop volume

And again: many thanks for your great effort! :metal:

Bye,
RockOn
RockOn

Postby brummer10 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:12 pm

RockOn wrote:Hello,
first of all let me thank the Guitarix team for this great software, it rocks.

I'm glad to hear that. :metal2:
RockOn wrote:I would ask you again about the possibility to disconnect the looper volume from the input signal: in some situations it would be nice to have the loop going on with the recorded volume (better if modulated by a dedicated knob) when the guitarist is not playing for some seconds.
I am wondering if it is feasible to add a simple button to switch between mixed/fixed loop volume

Only when you use the in-build noisegate, the output volume is connected with the input, that's how it works. Simply switch it of to avoid this kind of trouble, and use abGate from the misc tab instead (use it after the looper).

Other than that, the engine completely switch to bypass, when no input is connected in jack, that's intentional. Just leave it connected to avoid that.

For volume control, there is the Gain control, which set the volume for the input/output from your guitar, the Level control for each loop, which set the output volume of the loop, and there is the Mix control to set the output volume for all loops.
All this ain't change regardless if you play your guitar or not, given that you ain't use the NoiseGate from the Input/Output module.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestion Box