Can we get a warning?

need a feature, suggest here

Can we get a warning?

Postby fho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:26 pm

i just managed to lose my "perfect" settings by loading a preset for the umpteenth time just now ... kind of annoyed although it's completely my fault ... it always is :D

Maybe we could get a simple "you have unsaved changes, do you really want to load the preset - yes, no" popup? That would stop me from loading presets over my unsaved changes by accident.

A related thing would be to implement a undo/redo system ... but I know that that involves a lot of rework to make it work.

Happy new year,
Florian
fho

Re: Can we get a warning?

Postby brummer10 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:57 am

fho wrote:Maybe we could get a simple "you have unsaved changes, do you really want to load the preset - yes, no" popup?

Sorry man, that is one thing I really, really hate.
Imagine you use guitarix live and switch a preset and a question pop up, "Are you sure?", . . :roll:

Also, when you use a midi controller within a preset, changed values be expected.

Your best bet to not lose settings, is, when play with them, stay in the "Scratchpad" bank, as it will autosave your settings when you switch a preset, hence the name "Scratchpad". When a preset is finish, move it to a other bank.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby fho » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:33 am

I see the problem ... and I was not aware of the intended solution.

So you say I should set up my MIDI controller [1] to switch between the ScratchPad presets?
And if I got that right that would mean I can make changes to the presets there, switch between them and the settings will be preserved between changes?

[1] found out my old Line6 X3 Live works pretty well as a MIDI controler
fho

Postby brummer10 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 am

fho wrote:And if I got that right that would mean I can make changes to the presets there, switch between them and the settings will be preserved between changes?

Yes, that's what the "Scratchpad" bank is for, it auto save your current settings when you leave a preset. You ain't need to use a midi controller to switch between presets, just select them or use the numpad will do it as well.
Just, when you'll save your preset final, move it into a other bank, in order to save it for un-wanted changes.
When you'll ready with a bank, you could mark it read-only by click in the field left before the bank name.
brummer10
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion Box