Add new schematic to Guitarix

Found a bug ? Report here

Add new schematic to Guitarix

Postby maxprod2016 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi guys.

I want to work on some new effects using the "DK-method" (in tools/ampsim folder of the source code). For me, everything is OK, gEDA is installed and linked to additionnals symbols, python and the dependencies are ok (including the libslicot not listed in the README).

By using the examples (wahwah) in the README, I see all the python files was compiled (pyc) fine but I've the following traceback :

Code: Select all
maxprod@maxprod-1005HA:~/Public/guitarix-git/trunk/tools/ampsim/DK$ python simu.py --linearize -S wahwah.sch --create-module=crybaby4 --c-samplerate=44100
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "simu.py", line 1420, in <module>
    main()
  File "simu.py", line 1416, in main
    plot_output(g, tests, args)
  File "simu.py", line 1199, in plot_output
    plot_one(v, args, t)
  File "simu.py", line 1191, in plot_one
    v.plot(p)
AttributeError: 'LoadedSchema' object has no attribute 'plot'

Previously, I have a python error on the "dk_simulator.py" on line 785, I just replace the :

self.CV = self.CV + (Nnr[unselect].T * Jc[unselect]).T

to

self.CV = self.CV + (self.Nnr[unselect].T * Jc[unselect]).T

because Python say that Nnr as no namespace otherwise. Don't know why my python check that as an error.

I know this part of Guitarix is an experimental part but this is a very good part too. I've a lot of very cool schematix of rare fx and hope this project will be able to produce a large range of preamp/amp in future. This is a GREAT and WONDERFUL project !!! Congratulation !

Thank you very for your time.
Maxprod
maxprod2016

Re: Add new schematic to Guitarix

Postby brummer10 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:14 am

Well, the README is a bit outdated. The build didn't work anymore with simu.py

We use now build-scripts to generate plugins from the schematics. Have a look in the /tools/ampsim/DK directory into build-plug.py for simple schematics, and look into /tools/ampsim/DK/scripts for more complex schematic files.
As well, look into /tools/plugins/oc_2 for a complex plugin build environment.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby maxprod2016 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi hermann,

I've launch two scripts : build-jcm800 & build-plug (with the colorsoundwah.sch) and everything work fine for me.

Now, I've just a little question about the electronical components already managed by the DK-Method ? Has I see in the differents schematics the main components are managed except the operational amplifier (op-amp) and maybe the JFET (transistor).

I see in the tools/ampsim/DK directory a schematic (opamp-inv.sch) that use a opamp. I have not read all the source code in this directory but (from memory) I think i've read that the op-amp is not yet transformed. Do you think that one will be include in the DK-Method in the future ?

Thank you very much for your answers and for your work. Guitarix is a great projet.

Friendly,
Max
maxprod2016

Postby brummer10 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:13 am

maxprod2016 wrote:I see in the tools/ampsim/DK directory a schematic (opamp-inv.sch) that use a opamp. I have not read all the source code in this directory but (from memory) I think i've read that the op-amp is not yet transformed. Do you think that one will be include in the DK-Method in the future ?

Probably not any time soon, I'm running out of time, and cant work on it at least this year.
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby maxprod2016 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:06 am

Probably not any time soon, I'm running out of time, and cant work on it at least this year.

OK, I understand perfectly.

Last question, I see in the OC-2 plugin that you emulate a op-amp using SPICE data file. The oc-2.py say :

OC-2 Octaver precomputation script.

The next basic steps have place:
   - Convert .sch files to netlists.
   - Run ngspice and extract required data from here.
   - Parse data.
   - Extract required data from ngspice.
   - Write it to file, which will be included to faust .dsp script

Partially crafted from Guitarix/trunk/tools/ampsim/DK/spice.py
   May be will be merged with ampsim in future.

But I don't find the Guitarix/trunk/tools/ampsim/DK/spice.py file in my git repository (trunk) ? Is a specific branch to get this one or you've remove the file ? And if the spice.py allow to use spice data file maybe it's a good way to emulate schematics that use op-amp with differents settings ?

Thank you very much for your time. Love electronic and fx modelisation, I will send you some new fx soon. What is the best way to contact you for new schematics ?

Friendly,
Max
maxprod2016

Postby brummer10 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Thus is the work of docgreenthumb
You may join the guitarix-developer list to contact him and ask him about this.
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/lis ... -developer
But for sure there never was a spice.py file in the dk simulator, I guess that was a type error and circ.py was meant.
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby maxprod2016 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:35 am

Thank you very much for all your answers.

Friendly,
Max
maxprod2016

Return to Bug reports