What's this button for?

You need help with guitarix, ask here

What's this button for?

Postby koda95 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:35 am

Hi,

I just read something in this forum, where someone asked about a bypass jack button. I'm not sure if I identified what button it's referred to - and how to use it practically.

Here's the image of the button I'm asking about (marked with arrow and circle):

Any tips on this? Could it be used for instance to use jack (QjackCtl) to connect an different amp (LV2 / VST) into the effects-section of Guitarix?
koda95

Re: What's this button for?

Postby brummer10 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi koda95

Yes, that is the purpose for it. It's the connection from gx_head_amp to gx_head_fx in qjackctl, it's the connection from the mono-rack to the stereo rack in guitarix. You could use it to insert different Soft or Hardware into the chain. When not bypassed(green), the connection will be used, when bypassed(yellow) the connection will be, well bypassed. So you could use a external amp (bypass the internal amp by set it to (--), for example, and use the mono rack as pre-rack, and the stereo rack as post rack. With preset switching you could now switch between the external amp, and the internal one. Or you insert a Vst effect there and be able to switch it on/off by true bypass. Note, that in that case, the insert will get the full data, but guitarix will use internal ones to bypass the output from the insert. So clickless on/off switching will work for external effects as well.

regards
hermann
brummer10
Site Admin

Postby koda95 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:04 am

Okay, I (finally) understand it now :-) Thank you so much for your kind help!
koda95

Postby ycollet » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:38 am

Hello,

Thanks for this information.

In the recent version of guitarix, there is another button like this on the right of this one.
What is this button used for ?

Best regards,
ycollet

Postby brummer10 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:59 am

The other one is for the jack connections, eg. switch off/on the engine ( jack client).

Just check the qjackctl connection window to see how the guitarix clients dis-aper when switched off (red).
brummer10
Site Admin

Return to need help with guitarix